Jul 21st, 2018
Author: Cocoon Web Design
Burpees are for everyone!
And the biggest reasons are because they will help you burn fat, rev up your metabolism, and get you conditioned like no other exercise can do. With every rep you will work your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and core muscles.
How to do a Burpee:
– Stand up straight, then get into a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
– Kick your feet back into a push up position and immediately drop your chest to the ground.
– Bow your chest up, then return your feet back to the squat position as fast as possible.
– Immediately jump up into the air as high as you can.
Five Reasons in Detail:
1. Burpees make your body a fat-burning machine.
That is because burpees are an intense fully body exercise and scorch a lot of calories. Additionally, research shows that high intensity exercises (like burpees) burn up to 50% more fat than moderate exercising, and they will speed up your metabolism throughout the day—meaning you’ll burn more calories all day long, even after your burpee torture is over. It is essential to push yourself as far as you can to ensure that you burn maximum calories per minute.
2. The burpee is a full-body strength-training exercise and the ultimate example of functional fitness. You will work just about every muscle in your body. Keep in mind, burpees are all about speed, but do not go too fast, or you will likely burn yourself out after doing just a few. Your legs may feel a bit like lead, your arms may shake, but you may also actually feel your muscles getting stronger.
3. Burpees are excellent for developing conditioning and endurance, and they get your heart rate up quickly. They are a great way to get in shape quickly, whether your goal is to learn a new sport, train for a triathlon, hike a mountain, or just to look more fit.
4. You can add burpees to almost any workout. They should be performed at a fast pace and dynamically. Adding burpees to your workout routine will bring you tons of benefits and whip you into shape quicker than you ever thought possible.
5. Burpees are “portable” and require no equipment. You can do burpees in your house, in a nearby park, in a hotel room, or on the beach! However, if you do have equipment available, there are tons of burpee variations you can do to mix things up. Come into moreFIT where our Trainers can give you some ideas and watch our video on Burpees!